The official blog of the Lung Institute.
Avocado has many benefits for those with chronic lung disease, as it’s rich in vitamins C and K — and heart-healthy monounsaturated fat, which can help prevent heart complications. The almond milk also helps reduce inflammation with antioxidants.
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- ½ c diced peeled seedless cucumber
- 1 ½ c cold chicken stock or low-sodium chicken broth*
- ¼ c cold unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- Salt to taste
- Tabasco sauce to taste
- 3 oz cooked, chilled shrimp
- Chopped mint leaves, for optional garnish
- Place the avocado and cucumber in a blender jar
- Add the chicken stock, almond milk and lime juice and process until smooth
- Pour into a bowl and season with salt and Tabasco to taste.
- Serve immediately, topped with shrimp and garnished with chopped mint
The Lung Health Institute offers innovative treatment options to those with chronic lung disease, as well as a wellness program. For more information, contact us at (800) 729-3065.
* We like Pacific organic unsalted chicken broth